In celebration of the its 10th anniversary, Nickelodeon has partnered with company O’Malley Creadon to produce the first-ever “SpongeBob SquarePants” documentary. Patrick Creadon will co-produce, direct and write the documentary, along with co-producer Christine O’Malley.
The one-hour original television documentary will chronicle SpongeBob’s journey to pop culture stardom. It will be telecast across MTV various TV platforms in July to commemorate the anniversary of the series’ first episode.
Ever wonder who does the voice of your favorite cartoon characters? Well you’re in luck as the Chicago Tribune has compiled a list of 55 characters and their real life counterparts.
Check out the full list.
Nearly 8 million total viewers tuned in to the premiere of SpongBob SquarePants’ “WhoBob What Pants?” television special. Ranking as the top entertainment show with total viewers and the number-one program on broadcast and cable television for the night with all kids and tweens, the half-hour TV event earned the network triple-digit gains over last year’s like time period among all demos.
Ratings highlights include:
– The special drew 7.7 million total viewers, a +225% increase over last year’s like time period.
– “WhoBob WhatPants?” was the number-one entertainment show with total viewers and the number-one telecast on all of broadcast and ad-supported cable television for the night (Oct. 13, 8 p.m.) with kid and tween demos.
– The special episode garnered triple-digit increases with all core kid and tween demos, averaging a 11.8/4.1 million kids 2-11 (up +189%); a 12.7/2.7 million kids 6-11 (up +152%), and a 10.8/2.3 million (up +168%) tweens 9-14.
– A new SPONGEBOB-themed Game of the Week, “WhoBob WhatPants?,” on www.nick.com generated 2.6 million game plays, ranking as the number-one game on the site since launch and the number-two Game of the Week for the entire year
– TurboNick, Nickelodeon’s broadband video player, also featured a special playlist of dedicated SpongeBob content, including a “WhoBob WhatPants?” video that generated 2.2 million streams since its Oct. 12 launch on Nick.com
– Leading up to the “WhoBob WhatPants?” premiere, the SpongeBob message board ranked as number-one for the week of Oct. 6, with 46,000 unique visitors.
Spongebob Squarepants – WhoBob WhatPants? is set for release on October 14th on DVD; featuring six episodes for a total runtime of 78 minutes.
What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?
SpongeBob leaves Bikini Bottom, gets amnesia and finds himself Mayor of New Kelp City! When Sandy, Patrick, Mr. Krabs and Squidward finally find him, will SpongeBob return to his old life with these â€œstrangersâ€ or remain in the city where heâ€™s a hero?