Nickelodeon’s “The Penguins of Madagascar” averaged 3.7 million total viewers and ranked as the week’s top kids’ show on all of basic cable with the repeat performance of “The Hidden/Kingdom Come”. The Penguins Saturday morning airing of “Little Zoo Coupe/All Choked Up” ranked as the number-one telecast for the week with kids 2-11 on broadcast and cable TV.
The show also ranked as the number-one animated series among total viewers for the month of May. Quarter to date, the show is the number-two animated show with kids, only behind SpongeBob SquarePants, and the number-one animated show with total viewers.
Big news for South Park and Nickelodeon fans as Netflix today added hundreds of new animated episodes to their Instant Streaming service.
Users now have access for the first nine seasons of South Park, which consists of a total of 139 episodes. Also available now are Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob Squarepants and others.
Available Blues Clues and Dora the Explorer episodes include the complete first and second seasons, while SpongeBob Squarepants fans can check out the third season.
Nearly 8 million total viewers tuned in to the premiere of SpongBob SquarePants’ “WhoBob What Pants?” television special. Ranking as the top entertainment show with total viewers and the number-one program on broadcast and cable television for the night with all kids and tweens, the half-hour TV event earned the network triple-digit gains over last year’s like time period among all demos.
Ratings highlights include:
- The special drew 7.7 million total viewers, a +225% increase over last year’s like time period.
- “WhoBob WhatPants?” was the number-one entertainment show with total viewers and the number-one telecast on all of broadcast and ad-supported cable television for the night (Oct. 13, 8 p.m.) with kid and tween demos.
- The special episode garnered triple-digit increases with all core kid and tween demos, averaging a 11.8/4.1 million kids 2-11 (up +189%); a 12.7/2.7 million kids 6-11 (up +152%), and a 10.8/2.3 million (up +168%) tweens 9-14.
- A new SPONGEBOB-themed Game of the Week, “WhoBob WhatPants?,” on www.nick.com generated 2.6 million game plays, ranking as the number-one game on the site since launch and the number-two Game of the Week for the entire year
- TurboNick, Nickelodeon’s broadband video player, also featured a special playlist of dedicated SpongeBob content, including a “WhoBob WhatPants?” video that generated 2.2 million streams since its Oct. 12 launch on Nick.com
- Leading up to the “WhoBob WhatPants?” premiere, the SpongeBob message board ranked as number-one for the week of Oct. 6, with 46,000 unique visitors.
Nickelodeon announced today that “Avatar Book 3” Complete Box Set will be released on September 16th. The set will include all 21 episodes across 5 discs for total runtime of 519 glorious minutes. Of course, what would a box set be without extras? Bonus materials will include: Exclusive Four-Part Audio Commentary by Creators; The Women of Avatar; Book 3 Finale Pencil Test Animation; and Into the Fire Nation at San Diego Comic-Con.
Check out the trailer below, along with 15 screen grabs.
Nickelodeon today announced the launch of ‘Nick Rewind,’ a catalog featuring some of Nickelodeon’s most beloved classic shows, available on iTunes.
Nick Rewind features both full-length episodes and seasons of classic Nickelodeon shows princed at $1.99 per episode. Several full seasons and “Best of Volumes” will be available from $8.99 to $19.99 each.
Shows available for download include:
– AAAHHH REAL MONSTERS — Season 1 (13 Episodes)
– THE AMANDA SHOW — Best of, Vol. 1 (Five Episodes)
– ANGRY BEAVERS — Best of, Vol. 1 (Seven Episodes)
– AS TOLD BY GINGER — Season 1 (13 Episodes)
– CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL — Best of (Seven Episodes)
– DOUG — Season 1 (13 Episodes)
– HEY ARNOLD — Season 1 (13 Episodes)
– HEY DUDE — Season 1 (13 Episodes)
– ROCKET POWER — Best of, Vol. 1 (Seven Episodes)
– ROCKO’S MODERN LIFE — Best of, Vol. 1 (Six Episodes)
– RUGRATS — Best of, Vol. 1 (Seven Episodes)
– WILD THORNBERRYS — Best of, Vol. 1 (Seven Episodes)